What is the purpose of Care Ministry?
Life is not always easy; in fact, sometimes it can become virtually impossible to navigate. During these hard times in life we need all the love and support we can get, both from God and others. In fact, most often God manifests his presence through others. Being “God’s heart and hands” is the very purpose of the Care Ministries of New Life. The Care Ministry exists to help the New Life Church family with special needs that can be addressed through the gifts and abilities that God has provided to all of us as members of His body. Help is available in the form of visits and/or meals during and following hospitalizations or the birth of a new baby, shut-in visitations, transportation needs, counseling etc.
Team Leader: Pastor Paul Lucks
Marina Metcalf at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Life Office: 303-368-7567
The receptionist will pass your information on to the appropriate team leader and we'll do our best to meet your need.
At New Life, we believe firmly in the power of prayer and will stand with you as you petition the Father. The members of our ministry are dedicated to faithfully praying with you and over your specific requests. If you need to be held up in prayer or just need a hand to hold, let us know your need. Simply email us with your prayer request at any time. All personal information provided to New Life will remain completely confidential given to only to the Prayer and Care Teams of New Life. Please include the name and situation of the person(s) or the care concern that you have.
Simply stated, life can be tough sometimes. New Life has partnered with some exceptional organizations like Grief Share to provide help and support for those who are experiencing grief due to loss. Contact Julie Kautz at email@example.com to find out when the next support group begins or if you would like to help out with this ministry.
Care Ministry: Volunteer Opportunities
Listed below are the many ways you can share God’s love and support to our church family in times of need. If you would like to learn more about one of these areas please contact Marina Metcalf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ Shut-In Ministry
- Time Commitment: You will be called upon 3-4 times during the year.
- Responsibilities: A coordinator will notify you and ask you to respond within a week to visit a particular shut-in at a designated place.
Purpose: The purpose of this ministry is to encourage those within the body who are unable to attend church due to various reasons.
- Time Commitment: Your rotation will come around about every six to eight weeks.
- Responsibilities: You will receive an assignment list of approximately ten names and addresses based on prayer concerns received by Care Ministries. You are asked to write a brief note of care to each name/family. Notecards and postage are provided by Care Ministries or you are welcome to use your own.
- Purpose: The purpose of this ministry is to offer comfort and support during difficult times, and to celebrate during times of joy.
+ Food Provider - Meals
- Time Commitment: Approximately once a quarter during the year.
- Responsibilities: A coordinator will contact you asking you to prepare a ready-to-serve dish in a disposable container and deliver it to the church or other designated pick-up place. You may occasionally be asked to help with delivery of the meal if you are able. Funeral meals are typically delivered during the day. Baby meals are typically delivered in the evening.
- Purpose: The purpose of this ministry is to offer comfort and support during difficult times and celebrate during times of joy.