Each year, we receive over 2,000 refugees in Colorado, the majority of whom settle in Aurora.
Most refugees flee wars and persecution in their home countries, struggling just to survive.
Imagine escaping death with only the clothes on your back and trying to understand a new language & culture.
You can help these vulnerable people in many ways:
- New Life Community Church is partnering with Denver Rescue Mission to form refugee mentoring teams. You can join 4 to 8 other New Life members in giving a few hours each month to help a refugee family.
- You can give refugee families items they usually don't have when they come: beds, furniture, winter clothing, school supplies, food, cleaning supplies, etc.
- You can help refugees to understand our systems: grocery stores, medical care, library cards, driving, RTD bus, community resources, financial management, etc.
- Practicing English with refugees and helping them find ESL classes is a real blessing.
- Most important, you can share the love of Jesus Christ with refugee families by listening to their needs, eating together and sharing your story of personal faith in Christ when they show spiritual interest.